Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bug. Hover over on line chart shows offset

If I hover over a line chart on Power BI the wrong point is being highlighted on the hover-over tool-tip.

Please see attached image:

LineChartHoverBUG.jpg 

In this example I did hover over the last point in the chart (Sep 06).

- The tooltip box is pointing at the right point but is showing the wrong data! (Sep-01)

- The vertical line should be on the point I am hovering over and it is on the wrong point, Sep-01

Seems like there is an offset on the hover-over on the line chart that highlights to the left of where I am actually hovering over.

This issue has been fixed since Sep 20th, please check it again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @donquijote ,

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. Try to use the latest version of Power BI Desktop and re-create a new report to check.

Best Regards,

donquijote
Advocate IV

Thanks @v-yingjl for looking into this,

Adding more information on this issue:

I am on the latest version of Power BI desktop. At the moment: Version: 2.96.1061.0 64-bit (August 2021)

The issue doesn't happen on Power BI desktop where the hover over behaviour is as expected.

When I publish the same report to Power BI service the issue appears even if it worked correctly on Desktop.

The issue happens on the Service and also on Embedded.

The issue continues to happen if I create a new report and paste the affected visual on it or add new line chart visual with the same data.

The issue doesn't happen if the line chart is based on data from Columns.

The issue happens if the line chart is based on data from Measures.

In this case I am using data from a column on the X-axis and data from a measure as on the Y-axis (on the "Values" section) having a data from a calculated column on the Legend section.

We see the issue on multiple browsers and multiple users.

Thanks

v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @donquijote ,

Still could not reproduce it in my side when I create a measure to use it as value and a calculate column to use it as legend in the line chart, it seems work fine in Power BI Service.

vyingjl_0-1631003308502.png

vyingjl_1-1631003347116.png

You may consider sharing a sample issue file without any sensitive information to reproduce this issue if possible.

Best Regards,

ECE
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,
I have the same issue.
Its only for Line Charts and only in Chrome, In Firefox it is working as expected.

Br Espen

donquijote
Advocate IV

Thanks @ECE ,

I agree it works on Firefox.

For us it doesn't work on either Chrome or Edge

donquijote
Advocate IV

@v-yingjl 

I put together a report example and associated data that reproduce the issue. I attach the report and associated data files.

As before, the report works ok on Desktop but the issue appears when publishing to the Power BI Service.

I was able to reproduce the issue when I introced a hierarchy on the Axis field.

I replaced the Value measure with a column and the issue still reproduces so this seems related to using a hierarchy on the X-axis field.

HoverOverBug.jpg

Any help on how I can provide my example file?

donquijote
Advocate IV

We were able to reproduce the issue as well by upgrading Edge version from 92 to 93. 

The report worked correctly on version 92 and after upgrading to version 93 the issue appeared.

I have version 93 for both Edge and Chrome.

@v-yingjl  can you please check your version of Edge and Chrome? Can you test on version 93?

@ECE are you experiencing this issue on version 93 in Chrome?

For me the issue started around the time I upgraded to version 93 so this could be related to the browser version.

v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @donquijote ,

I have tested both in Edge and Chrome, both of them work fine.

You can upload the sample file to somewhere can store files online and share the link, make sure there is no sensitive information in the report, just a sample to reproduce this issue.

Best Regards,

ECE
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @donquijote 

My crome is Version 93.0.4577.63

Br Espen

donquijote
Advocate IV

@v-yingjl 

Are you on Chrome version 93 ?

It works on version 92 but the bug appears when you upgrade to 93 on Chrome or Edge.

Also the bug happens after publishing the report to the Power BI Service, not from Power BI Desktop

Here is the sample report: Download Sample Report