Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug: DAX comma's replaced by dots upon saving

Hello everyone,

Today I encountered the following issue. I wrote this calculated table:

Date =
FILTER(
CALENDAR(
DATE(2008, 1, 31),
EOMONTH(TODAY(), -1)
),
[Date] = EOMONTH([Date], 0)
)

It is accepted, the table loads and I can  work with it in my report. But then, when I save the report, I get an error, and the DAX is changed like this:

Date =
FILTER(
CALENDAR(
DATE(2008. 1. 31),
EOMONTH(TODAY(), -1)
),
[Date] = EOMONTH([Date], 0)
)

Some additional information:
- I'm using DirectQuery.
- I just updated Power BI this month from the December 2020 version to the October 2021 version (so I am on the latest version and I cannot guarantee it wasn't there before). I had to use semicolons before for separating arguments, but I now have to use comma's.
- My Power BI Desktop language is English, but other settings are set to Dutch. In Dutch, comma's and dots are swapped when it comes to numbers (e.g. 1,000.25 becomes 1.000,25). This should only affect the way data is displayed, not DAX.

I just want to report the issue. I don't know for sure what causes it, so I also don't know how this should be fixed. If a simple fix already exists, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could share it with me.
Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

What’s the difference between the first and second DAX formula you posted?

As far as I’m concerned, if you are using the Direct query mode the connect to the data, you will meet a lot of limitations when writing DAX formulas. Please refer to this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-directquery-about#modeling-limitation...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Anonymous
Not applicable

DATE(2008131) became DATE(2008. 1. 31), breaking the formula. I do get that DirectQuery has its limitations, but I suppose that does not mean it should be changing the syntax autonomously.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

As far as I’m concerned, the limitation is explained in the official document, so I think this can be the reason for this issue:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/date-function-dax#remarks

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin