Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

[Bug] App tiles are not working

There is a bug with App tiles, App cannot be accessed. After refresh it works again, but this is not desired state.

Apps tiles are not working 

Comments
AlanFindlay
Regular Visitor

This issue is still persisting in IE, Edge and Chrome.

Seems to be occurring every time I leave a workspace and go to Apps that this occurs.

It also occurs if I go from a Workspace to Recent to Apps, and from a Workspace to Favorites to Apps.

However if you open a report when in Recent of Favorite then go to Apps and click on an App tile, it will work.

You can however, go from a Workspace to Recent or Favorites and open an App tile from there with no issue.

chross
Advocate III

@AlanFindlay Same is still happening for us. Until they resolve this we are just pressing Ctrl F5 to clear cache and telling our users the same. A little frustrating once again that this is happening.  We have a ticket open but they barely follow up with us.

nkintanar80
Frequent Visitor

Many of my users have noticed this as well, I'm glad that is has been reported, please resolve.  

AlanFindlay
Regular Visitor

This issue is also mentioned in this entry - Issues-with-Power-BI-Service-reports-and-apps-are-not-loading 

lbudack
Advocate III

I can't even get to the apps on Chrome, but for some reason IE works fine. I'm not surprised, but I just noticed that "fixed" the issue for me today. 

AlanFindlay
Regular Visitor

And another entry on the same issue - Clicking-an-Power-BI-app-in-service-doesn-t-open-the-app 

Interestingly, with only 3 votes, a moderator has already picked up on this issue and started asking questions which are already answered in this thread.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Yes Yes-I have observerd this problem with multiple customers now. Since Apps are the primary way they are sharing content with less-savvy end users, this is a BIG DEAL. It gives the perception that the product "does not work", which can be death to adoption rates in a corportate environment.

I have observed this in Chrome, but that is because that's what I use. Also, this is what my corporate customers are using and most don't have the choice to just switch browsers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue in my company. Its a big issue and it is very annoying to refresh it every time I would like to open app.

AlanFindlay
Regular Visitor

Good news

I have received an update from Microsoft this morning regarding the ticket I raised informing me a fix had been put in place. I checked it out and can confirm the issue is now resolved.