Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bookmarks remove report level filter

Hi,

I have a report in which i send filters through URL which apply as Report Level Filters.

Recently, I have added bookmarks in this report in which I show and hide a Map visual by using toggle button approach as mentioned by Tonia in October update video.

However, after publishing the report, when i click on the toggle button which basically is connected to a bookmark, the filter which was passed by URL gets removed i.e. No value is selected for that Report Level filter.

This seems to be a design flaw as Report level filters should get the hightest priority. Kinldy resolve this.

Regards,

@prateekraina

Comments
pftcg
Advocate I

I'm pretty sure adding a bookmark is snapshotting whatever you have on the report at that time (without a filter). So if you're passing in URL parameters that's not going to dynamically change and update the bookmark.

prateekraina
Memorable Member

Hi @pftcg,

Well in that case it should update the bookmark as Report Level Filters should override that as per ideal scenario.

Waiting for @v-haibl-msft to see this issue and respond.

Prateek Raina

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

@prateekraina,

Hi Prateek,

I have reported this issue to the Product team: CRI 50929693. I will post the updates when I get them.

Best Regards!

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @prateekraina,

I have got responses from Product Team:

Bookmarks are still in preview, we will look into adding this behavior soon. By Design currently.

Best Regards!

Dale

prateekraina
Memorable Member

@v-jiascu-msft By any chance, can we get any estimate about this feature add ?

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @prateekraina,

Sorry, I can't give you an exact date. I think it could be after the preview stage which is a good change to add many new features from customers.

Best Regards!

Dale