Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bookmarks keep reverting text formatting

Hello,

I have several bookmarks which hide one text box and make another text box visible.

When I reformat the text in one of the text boxes, and change to another bookmark, then my changes are overridden!

1. This is the initial state. The grey text is grey and size 14, which is bad.

Initial stateInitial state

2. I have fixed the text to be blue and size 18. It is perfect, and I want to keep it this way, so I update the bookmark.
Fixed text and updated bookmarkFixed text and updated bookmark

3. I click a different bookmark.

Selected different bookmarkSelected different bookmark

4. Then I click back to the initial bookmark. But my changes are gone! It's horrible and grey again.

Fixed text formatting and updated bookmarkFixed text formatting and updated bookmark

I tried updating all other bookmarks after I made the change.

I also tried deleting all the bookmarks for that page, and recreating them after I make my changes.

Funnily enough, if I only select a small part of the text, then the changes persist for a while.

Could you please advise what is causing this? I can provide the PBIX, though I cannot see how to attach it to this post.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side with Power BI desktop version 2.59.5135.601 64-bit (June 2018). Please update your desktop to this latest version then test again. 

If the issue persists, you can upload your pbix file to your OneDrive and share the link here. If the report contains sensitive data, please send the link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun, thanks for your response.

Here is the link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjNA28z-529XgxDPkU6JumFhuSJ4 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for your sharing. I have tested on my side with your pbix file, change the text to be blue and size 18 as you mentioned in step 2, and click on Update next to the bookmark "proc_Phosphorus", the text change is saved when we view the bookmark. See: 

q1.PNGq2.PNG

You can download the updated pbix file to test on your side: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6dret8sorxpemyo/Meetup_ButtonsDemo_MiniForForum.pbix?dl=0

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun, thanks for trying that out. I no longer get the issue in the file you uploaded.

I was running version 2.59.5135.421 64-bit (June 2018). I downloaded the latest installer and updated to version 2.59.5135.781 64-bit (June 2018).

I still occasionally get the issue but it happens inconsistently. If I cannot document it in the next week, I'll close this issue.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Hope the issue will not occur. Will be waiting here for your new information. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun, the issue hasn't recurred. Thanks for solving this!