Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bookmarks have stopped working

Bookmarks that were working last week have now stopped working in my reports. I am based in the UK. Are there any issues?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @lvaid,

Would you please share detail information how bookmarks don't work on Power BI service? Thanks. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

oranimo
Frequent Visitor

Bookmark are not working when trying to link them to images in power bi desktop optimed for report server.

oranimo
Frequent Visitor

Latest march 2018 update of report server enabled bookmarks which are working, but links to bookmarks are broken.

anktaggrwl
Helper II

I can confirm that we're experiencing the same behavior - which is that reports that utilize bookmarking functionality work when opened in Power BI Desktop - but when attempting to click on shapes that have a link to a bookmarked view on Power BI Service - nothing happens anymore.... we've started to use Bookmarking and linking via bookmarks extensively in our reports, and all of our users are accessing the reports on Power BI Service - so this functionality not working is a major issue.

Can you confirm this is being looked into?

anktaggrwl
Helper II

It seems that for one of my reports (which I have saved on Sharepoint, and loaded into the service via a link to the sharepoint file) - I opened the report on my desktop in Power BI Desktop - made a minor change (moved a visual around then moved it back) then saved - and then when the report synced back to the service - the bookmarks started working again...

Maybe because of some update in the service over the past day or so - we might have to resave reports in the desktop client and then republish/update the report on the service to restore functionality?

@oranimo have you tried doing the same?

oranimo
Frequent Visitor

The problem I am reffering to is in power bi report server March  2018, and the dektop for PBIRS, not in the power bi service. See also http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Linked-bookmark-bug-in-the-March-2018-PBIRS-Desktop-optimized...

lvaid
Regular Visitor

I think I've figured out the problem with my bookmark shapes. The bookmark link does work but not for the 'title' part of the shape .... it works if you hover over the rest of the shape but not if you hover over the title part at the top of the shape. I had reduced the shape just to show the title and thats why it seemed like it wasn't working. However, I do need this fixed (as quickly as possible) I do not want to expand my shapes - it doesn't look good .... my organisation can not go live with the webpage we created until this is fixed. 

Aberk
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the heads up with the titles.  I was doing the same thing.  As a temporary, I hope, and less than ideal work around.  I took a screenshot of my menu of bookmarks, disabled all the shape titles and put an image of the menu screenshot behind the blank shapes.  I hope that makes sense.

lvaid
Regular Visitor

Aberk - thanks. I did something similar. Made a shape, linked it to a bookmark (no title), made it transparent, created a similar sized text box with the appropriate title and colour - and made sure I sent it backwards (format menu) so it was behind the transparent shape ...,, works great.