Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bookmark navigator not resetting when 'reset' bookmark used

If you create a "reset" bookmark in your dashboard, you'd expect the Bookmark navigator to go back to whichever was selected when the "reset" bookmark was set. Unfortunately, the selected bookmark in the bookmark navigator is not changed even though the visuals can be changed. In those cases, the wrong visuals are visible relative to the bookmark navigator.  

Hi @npnigro ,

Sorry per our forum poliy, I changed this status after we got a response from the PG team.
If you would like to reopen this Post and continue the discussion with others, I have re-modified its status to investigating.
In the past it was mentioned in the icm about the bookmark navigator, but we only got replies like the one above.I will continue to follow this issue for you, and if there are any updates, I will also reply here.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
Meeskass
Helper I

Hello!

I am facing exactly the same issue here.

Has there been any development on the topic?

Thanks!

berjac
Helper I

Hi there

I too am experiencing the same problem.

Whilst there is a workaround using individual buttons, it makes the model clunky and requires loads of bookmarks to make it work.

To me this is an bug in a useful feature.

Please can you advise what the current status is and whether there is any sense of prioritisation on this .... alternatively can you advise when the bug would be fixed?

Regards

B

Wmax

Hello everybody,

I'm also facing this issue and would really be grateful to get an update on this matter.

magicaly2
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Checking in. As of today there's still no update.

Bookmark still does not save the bookmark navigator's default selection.

Not sure if it helps, but let me try to illustrate it.

step 1:

- a bookmark navigator that changes 4 different visual (SALES | QTY | PROFIT | BALANCE)

- a button that goes to a bookmark that reset back to default

magicaly2_2-1683249697855.png

Step 2:

Choose Qty tab

magicaly2_3-1683249776778.png

Step 3:

- Click reset button

- The visual is reset back to SALES, but the bookmark navigator still stays at QTY

magicaly2_4-1683249822949.png

Request:
Make Bookmark able to remember the selection of Bookmark Navigator.

Bookmark Navigator is a very neat feature, but this really kills the user experience and basically makes it unusable in many situations. 

PrabhavatiMali
Frequent Visitor

@magicaly2v :
1) Select the navigator pane as Sales and Update your reset bookmark with all visuals.
2) In Bookmark navigator settings, pick reset as launch on deselection.

PrabhavatiMali_0-1683277991027.png

This works for me and goes back to first selection when hitted reset button

magicaly2
Frequent Visitor

Hi @PrabhavatiMali,

Thanks for replying.

However, deselection is not exactly what we need.

As you can see, the bookmark navigator is deselected and users have no idea which tab they are looking.

magicaly2_0-1683684857378.png

What we need:
after clicking reset button, the bookmark navigator should goes back to the default SELECTION

like below.

this way user can tell they are looking at SALES tab

magicaly2_1-1683684997292.png

kylejenx

Exact same issue with me, it's such an annoying bug that makes the report look like it's been built wrong!

magicaly2
Frequent Visitor

yes its been a year already, this issue still exist, there's no status update or info whether they are working or even aware of this

jaap_olsthoorn
Advocate II

Yeah super annoying, wish we would hear something. 

wolfie777
Frequent Visitor

Is there any update on this issue, please?