Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bookmark does not use the last visual when exiting from and returning to in PBI Service Cloud

Bookmark does not use the last visual when exiting from and returning to in PBI Service Cloud.

In workspace, selected the PBIX with bookmarks. Shows the initial default bookmark page under SO. Clicked different button, shows its corresponding data. Exited from the PBIX with bookmarks to other reports in workspaces. Coming back to the PBIX with bookmarks, the last bookmark does not use its corresponding visuals and uses different visual from the other bookmark instead.Clicked CE$ button, shows the CE$ bookmark visual data.Clicked CE$ button, shows the CE$ bookmark visual data.Bookmark SO% is the initial defaultBookmark SO% is the initial defaultCE$ data uses the bookmark under SO%CE$ data uses the bookmark under SO%

Hi, 

Unfortunately, according to your report style, I can’t reproduce the same report as yours.

Would you like to post a test pbix file with the same problem without sensitive data so that we can make a test to make sure if it’s a bug?

You can also update to the latest version of the Power BI desktop and check if this problem can disappear.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
LR3

I may found the problem. If possible for your next software release update(s), add and include the "bookmarkGuid=Bookmark*" in the web address of last bookmark viewed where * is assigned generated number by Microsoft Power BI system. So when returning to the bookmark from other reports in Worksapce or App's Report's Page, it will use the correct bookmark visual for the associated data last viewed. Otherwise, it will use the initial web address having no "bookmarkGUID=Bookmark* (i.e. initial default of Bookmark).

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: New

Hi, 

Unfortunately, according to your report style, I can’t reproduce the same report as yours.

Would you like to post a test pbix file with the same problem without sensitive data so that we can make a test to make sure if it’s a bug?

You can also update to the latest version of the Power BI desktop and check if this problem can disappear.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin