Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bookmark bug for report pages with Field parameters

I tried implementing Field parameters for a couple pages in my report, and published it to Power BI Service. When I try to create a bookmark on one of those pages, the visuals are not working correctly. Either they show no data, or they remove the x-axis field (for example in a bar chart). Bookmarks work fine for the pages without a Field parameter present.

Hi @espenaro @manojreddy,

Could you please make it more clear by providing the reproduce steps of this issue or a download link of a sample pbix file that contains this issue? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
manojreddy

We have faced the similar issue where we tried to switch the dimensions using the parameter fields feature , When we change the parameter it is reverting back to the original state of the bookmark showing only the top level dimension in the tabular report instead of showing full hierarchy.

Thanks

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @espenaro @manojreddy,

Could you please make it more clear by providing the reproduce steps of this issue or a download link of a sample pbix file that contains this issue? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

GaryH
Frequent Visitor

We having a similar issue with field paramters.   We have a matrix setup as follows:

Columns contains a static field (months of year)

Rows contains a field parameter

Values contains a field paramter.

This works fine, however when users save a personal bookmark and use it, the columns drops off the matrix, so just the rows/values are left.

marcl1
Helper II

@espenaro  Have a similar issue... (tried to reproduce it in a new report from scratch but everything working fine) but in old developped reports i cannot get rid of it: really weird

in a workaround, if i use the old report dataset as source i can copy each page in a new report and it seems working fine

am in contact with the support team for pro licensed to attempt to localize the bug

to be followed

espenaro
Regular Visitor

I had the same problem as you @marcl1 . I tried creating a sample pbix file to reproduce the error, but was not able to. Our solution was then to recreate our real report, and then it suddenly worked, so our situation sound very similar.