Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bookmark Navigator formatting issue

I'm using the Bookmark Navigator as my main page navigation menu. I have one submenu button on each page that activates another bookmark outside of the Bookmark Navigator grouping. This submenu button activates another bookmark outside of the Navigator group which changes a visual within the "page" the user selected from the Bookmark Navigator. The desired behavior is for my text and background formatting in the Bookmark Navigator to remain as-is until another selection is made from that Bookmark Navigator. It should not change when my submenu button is selected by users. For example, the button #2 background in the Bookmark Navigator turns white when selected and should remain white until another bookmark from that group is selected. What is happening instead is the Bookmark Navigator is randomly selecting white for another button when my submenu button bookmark is activated (which button turns white in the Bookmark Navigator randomly changes). The white background on a Bookmark Navigator buttons indicates to users which "page" they are on. When a visual within that page is changed with my within-page submenu button, the color in the main Bookmark Navigator should remain the same. Keeping the color as-is until another selection is made within the Bookmark Navigator is important so users have a guide as to which "page" they are on. 

Hi @ldb125 

May I know whether you have separately created a Bookmark button for the bookmark outside your Bookmark Navigator Group? Could you please provide some screenshots to make it more clear? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @ldb125 

May I know whether you have separately created a Bookmark button for the bookmark outside your Bookmark Navigator Group? Could you please provide some screenshots to make it more clear? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

ldb125
Advocate I

The main bookmarks are grouped together and the submenu bookmark is not in that group.

The Bookmark Navigator is highlighted in yellow and the submenu nav button is in red. Below you can see the Bookmark Navigator and submenu buttons from on the report and the bookmarks in the Bookmarks menu. In these screenshots the Sources bookmark is selected (selected is white and default state is dark blue).

ldb125_3-1642682333508.png

ldb125_4-1642682441879.png

When I click on the "Table View" button (my submenu, here it is the "HERD Source Tables" bookmark), the "Sources" button SOMETIMES turns dark blue (default) and the Summary button turns white (selected). Other times the Bookmark Navigator formatting does not change when the submenu button is selected. 

So, the issue is 1) the behavior is not consistent and 2) I would like the selection in the Bookmark Navigator to remain unchanged unless another selection within that Bookmark Navigator group is selected. If #2 is not a default behavior, an option to choose this behavior is ideal. Most reports I develop have subnavigation that requires that the main navigation formatting does not change unless another selection from within that group is made.

zeverton
Regular Visitor

I have a similar issue when using more than one bookmark navigator on one page. When selecting a button in one navigator the buttons in the other navigators deselect. i tried using the deselection options to at least show something as selected. but using any bookmark navigator will cause the other navigators to deselect 😞

this behavior mainly occurs when loaded to the app.

zeverton_0-1644941070495.png

zeverton_1-1644941145572.png

desired behavior: if "allow deselection" is turned off then always show one button as selected and that selection should be synced with the visible visuals attached to the button function. also, make it possible to select a default bookmark for original page loading.

rebeccaETE
Helper I

Hi there, 

I have the same issue. When clicking another bookmark on a page, the format on my automatic bookmark navigation changes. This is quite misguiding, as it looks like the bookmark was clicked when it wasn't. 

Do we have an ETA on a fix? Or do you need more information, @v-cazheng-msft

Cheers