Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bookmark Navigator Issue

When having two separate sets of bookmark navigator buttons connected to different bookmark groups on a canvas. Then selecting one bookmark button, it refreshes the selected state of the other bookmark navigator buttons.

Example:

raeesgillani_0-1638786982422.png

Default state: 'Appointments Completed' selected on first set of buttons and 'Summary by Client' selected on second set of buttons.
But when selecting 'Summay by AoE' on the second set of buttons, it forces a refresh on the first set of buttons and the selected value becomes: 'Average Daily Appointments'. Does not impact the shown/hidden visual on canvas, only the selected button state.

Issue is still present when making bookmarks only apply to selected visuals that only correspond to the bookmark navigator group.

Hi @drscott 

Thanks for the post. I'll follow up this ICM and sycn here once there is any update.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @raeesgillani 

I've tested it, but I couldn't repro it. Could you please provide a sample pbix link with this issue and the version of your Power BI Desktop?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

drscott
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Have also come across the same behaviour.

Believe it comes down to the fact that when using a second bookmark navigator for a sub-menu, it is referencing a separate group of bookmarks. When a bookmark from the second group of bookmarks is selected, the bookmark from the first group is no longer selected, and so the first navigator reverts to the last saved bookmark (depending on the cache). The same applies vice versa.

If you consider that you cannot create a group within a group of bookmarks (something that is possible in the selection pane) then this makes sense.

Happy to share a sample pbix file if this hasn't been provided yet.

Thank you.

drscott
Regular Visitor

Believe this is the same bug as reported below which has been accepted and raised as an internal issue ICM: 279428610

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Bookmark-navigator-groups-bug-v2-100-Dec-2021/idi-p/2252518

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @drscott 

Thanks for the post. I'll follow up this ICM and sycn here once there is any update.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caiyun