Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bookmark Navigator Bug

I have the following use case:
I have 3 bookmarks which is used for page 1, Bookmark 1.1 is used in Bookmark Navigator.
When I clicked to Bookmark 2, then clicked back to Bookmark 1.1, after that clicked Bookmark 1.2, the weird thing happens here, although my last selected bookmark is Bookmark 1.1, but the Bookmark Navigator showed me that the selected bookmark is Bookmark 1.2. 

I find Bookmark Navigator really helped me alot but this problem really dragged me away from using Bookmark Navigator after encountered it. Please help me out to solve this ASAP and thanks a lot. Bookmark Navigator Bug submit - Power BI Desktop 2021-11-18 21-25-40.gif

Currently Decemeber version of Power BI Desktop has been released and this issue seems to be fixed as far as my test. Please update Power BI Desktop to December version to check it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Currently Decemeber version of Power BI Desktop has been released and this issue seems to be fixed as far as my test. Please update Power BI Desktop to December version to check it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Checklist
Advocate II

Hello,

It is fixed in desktop, but the problem is still present when I publish the report to workspace. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yingjl 

I'm still encountering the issue in pbi desktop. Actually the bug is happened when a bookmark outside of the bookmark group is selected. Please refer to the gif for the use case.

I am using the bookmark navigator only because the page navigator is not able to split by sections (there are only toggles to show/unshow hidden pages & show/unshow tooltip pages, not able to group pages into sections).
So when I click bookmarks on the bookmark group, nothing wrong. But if I click bookmark on the same page but outside of the bookmark group, the bookmark group shows the last bookmark that I have selected.
Hope this bug could be solved in the next release.
GifMaker_20211216172427443.gif

cosmicyes
Helper II

as @Checklist already said it seems to be fixed in Power BI Desktop but not in Service.
Maybe it just takes some time until December-Update comes to Service?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cosmicyes 

Issue is still be seen in Power BI Desktop. Please check the GIF first.

PrabhavatiMali
Frequent Visitor

@v-yingjl

This bug is fixed in desktop but not in all manners.

I have a reset bookmark available on the same page which is working fine in other pages. But here on bookmark navigation page, If I select any bookmark and then hit reset, the data does go back to original state where it was but the bookmark navigator still shows earlier selection.

tez
Resolver I
Resolver I

@v-yingjl please reopen this issue, because it´s not fixed yet.

cdlawrence
Frequent Visitor

@v-yingjl 

I can also confirm that the deselection behavior is fixed in the desktop (at least for the way I use it - I can't comment on @Anonymous's use case) but NOT in the service. 

Side note - it'd be nice if this ugly box didn't hang around after a user clicks the navigation bar. It only goes away if you click away / click something else.

cdlawrence_1-1639670516684.png

cdlawrence_0-1639670506188.png

myvbu1

@v-yingjl 

I can also confirm that. It leaves a black box around the header and it looks very ugly and weird in terms of user experience. Please keep this issue OPEN and fix this bug in the next update.

PS.

The problem still exist on power bi online. ie. the old selection still persists after clicking the next header. Please fix this as well. Thanks

tez
Resolver I
Resolver I

Apparently the problem has been fixed in the last few hours: Now it works in the desktop app, and also on the web, without being published again! Thank you!