Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Blinking Power BI logo when clicking on a Shared Link

I am trying to access data that was shared with me from outside of my company, but all I see is a blinking Power BI logo that doesn't go away.  I started the free trial for Power BI Pro and it did not fix the issue.  I've tried logging out, and the user sent me another link, but still nothing.

Comments
tliesinger

Any solution to this issue yet? I'm running into this for some users and not others. Users are in the same Office365 group. I did try the URL truncation that seanrm42 commented on but the report would not embed without the &group parameter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tliesinger  I have not heard of any solution for this as of yet.  I think I have heard it is a Sharepoint issue with Power BI.  Even if all the permissions are correct on both sides, it still does not allow a blanket viewing.

prtymrty77

No sorry Power Bi'rs...nothing new to report and still have the same issue.

brokenasspwrbi

Any updates on this?

prtymrty77

Sorry Brokenasspowrbi...The only way I could get it to work was to make sure the user had a paid Power Bi license. Any user without will just see the flashing logo on the SharePoint site.