Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Blank visuals in Service but not in Desktop

Hi, 

I have a persistent issue with a report where some visuals turn blank as soon as the report is published to the Service.

In one of my pages of the report I have 7 visuals and 2 of them suffer from that issue and turn blank on the Service (after it is refreshed). All 7 visuals use the same table just different columns and I do not use any filters on the page or visuals. 

I did an extensive research on this issue and tried plenty of things. On that note, I am not using an binary columns nor joins on text values. 

Do you guys have any more ideas what I can do or is this a bug? 

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Several of my users had the same issue. A couple of things to check are:

•  Have you tried other browsers?
  •  Have you cleared your browser cache (full history) recently?
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

Also try to refresh the report as below:

3.JPG

if still have the problem, please share your sample pbix file for us have a test.

Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

yes I have done all of those things. I even created a new workspace and uploaded the report there, which made it work for a bunch of days and then the same thing happend again. 

We recently changed to premimum. Do you think there could be a correlation? 

Unfortunately the report contains confidental data, so I can not share it. 

Regards, 

Julia 

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

Is the report imported or direct query?

and if you publish this report to shared capacity not premimum to see if it works well.

Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

it is import and the workspace is I am publishing to is not a premium workspace. 

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

If could just create a simple sample pbix file for us have a test, that will be a great help.

Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I fixed it by creating a dataflow and connecting the reports to the dataflow rather than directly to the source. 

However, this causes the issues reported here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Invalid-placeholder-in-format-string-Error/idc-p/1724274#M65... 

At least the visuals are not blank anymore.