Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bing Map issues when published to web

Hi

I have a report including a a simple Country filled map (Bing). The desktop reports looks fine. But when published to web, the map is inconsistent. Sometimes correct, sometimes not. Again sometimes the map looks different in different browsers. At times the countries are wrongly mapped in the published version. This has been happening since last couple days.

Attaching few snapshots below for reference.

I was able to clear cache in Chrome to get the correct map, but how can I expect the end user to do this everytime?

Would really appreciate to get a quick solution for this. Please help. 

Thank You!

Mansi

This is how the map looks in PBI Desktop (correctly mapped).

MapPBIDesktop.PNG

This is how it shows up on Edge, when published to web. Shade doesn't show up for some countries (Canada, for example).

MapErrorBing.png

Another instance, of published to web (Chrome). Shade doesn't show up for some countries (Canada, for example) as well as the ones where it appears it is incorrectly mapped (Vietnam showing up in South America).

MapError.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mansivora,

Is the issue existing now? 

I tested on my side but not able to reproduce the issue both in Edge and Chrome browsers after using Publish to Web feature. You can test with our report on your side to see if the same issue occurs. 

Please check which Edge and Chrome browsers version you run. Below are my browsers version. 

q7.PNGq8.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

mansivora
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Qiuyun for looking into. My browser versions are exactly same as yours.

The issue doesn't appear when we publish it for the first time. But started showing up later. Also, in Chrome when I cleared cache/cookies the map looked fine. The issue is we cannot expect the end user (of a public site) to do that everytime. Let me know if you need more information.

chrome.PNGedge.PNG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mansivora,

I tested again with previous generated publish to web report, still not able to reproduce the issue. 

Have you tried my sample on your side? Does the same issue occur? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

mansivora
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I tried publish your report to My workspace and then published it to web. When I try to view the published URL, it is missing Canada and Germany.

https://msit.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZGUzNzU3ZGQtNDcxMS00YzY4LTkzMzgtNDRlYjcxZDg2OTQwIiwidCI6Ijcy...

MapError1.PNG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mansivora,

It's strange, your report looks fine in Chrome browser on my two machines.

q1.PNG

Till now, it's hard to provide further hep on forum side, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

mansivora
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Qiuyun. I have a support ticket opened, but haven't heard back from them. The map issue sometimes shows up only after revisiting the page multiple tiems. Thanks for your help though.