Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BigQuery - new table is not loading

I'm trying to add a new Big Query table datasource to my Power BI report.

It founds the project+table OK and credentials are OK (and the table works as a source in other tools)

But it will not load the data. No errors, No nothing. It just wont stop the loading/evaluation and wont download the table.

It's a small (43KB) table, so the problem is not that. 

And if I try to choose some old table from BigQuery (same project), those works ok. This happends only to new BQ sources

and only in Power BI (works well e.g. DataStudio).

Hi @Paivi_Kilo ,

Are you using the latest version of Power BI Desktop? If you enable or disable these two options in your Options Preview feature and try again, will this issue happen either? In addition, you could try to connect from Power BI service to see whether your BigQuery project can be accessed.

vcazhengmsft_0-1661481343782.png

You could check in the Power BI logs as well to see whether you will find any error. Moreover, you could try with other versions of Power BI Desktop as well.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Paivi_Kilo ,

Are you using the latest version of Power BI Desktop? If you enable or disable these two options in your Options Preview feature and try again, will this issue happen either? In addition, you could try to connect from Power BI service to see whether your BigQuery project can be accessed.

vcazhengmsft_0-1661481343782.png

You could check in the Power BI logs as well to see whether you will find any error. Moreover, you could try with other versions of Power BI Desktop as well.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Paivi_Kilo
Regular Visitor

Does not really help.

I tried with both August and with June versions (having the newest in another machine).

And couldn't find errors from log. It just keeps doing same thing again and again (when comparing to logs, where all went just ok.)
At least this action won't happend "PackageMetadataStorage/UpdatePackageMetadata" > right after
"PackageMetadataStorage/GetPackageMetadata" -action

Paivi_Kilo
Regular Visitor

Problem disappeared unexpectedly without any action. The reason for the error that lasted for several days remained unclear (I suspect the firewall/vpn), but now everything is ok.