Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Before the data import for (Data Source Name) finished, its data source timed out.

Scheduled Reports are taking error "Before the data import for (Data Source Name) finished, its data source timed out."  Most reports have 60 min. timeout coded and error occurs after a couple minutes.  Start of last week, a couple reports showed error.  By Fend of week about half the scheduled reports took the error.  Administrator restarted/rebooted Enterprise Gateway.  Reports immediately ran fine.  This week, a similar pattern emerged.  Some reports fail at start of week and by Friday, high percentage of reports failed with this error message.  Data sources are accessing SQL Server & Oracle databases.  We know the restart of the Gateway is the quick fix, but seems like there is a bigger issue.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Would you please check which region your Power BI tenant is in? You can follow this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-where-is-my-tenant-located#how-to-determine-where-your-power-bi-tenant-is-located

If your Power BI region is North Europe or North Central US, I guess you might encounter the same issue as this thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Issues-with-Schedule-Refresh/idi-p/604262. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

North Europe - so it looks like a fix will be in by 1/25/2019.  Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft I am also facing the same issue with many of my reports.

The thread link doesn't work. It gives the following error. 

Error.JPG

Could you please send me the correct link?

Thanks

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Here it is: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Issues-with-Schedule-Refresh/idi-p/604262

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @v-qiuyu-msft.

Has the fix been applied on Jan 25th?

I still had few reports failing this morning with the same error but when I refreshed them manually they refreshed successfully.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As of 1/28 AM we are still seeing reports fail with the above error.  The failure rate is about 1 out of every 20 reports fail.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The issue I mentioned above was closed at 1/28/2019 12:38 PM (UTC +8). 

I would suggest you test again today. If issue persists, please copy the detail error information here (including RequestID, Time, ClusterURI). 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Today as well I had a failure due to the same error. But later the same report refreshed successfully. Here is the screen shot of the details you asked for:

Refresh history_130.JPG

Please let me know what might be causing this error.

Thanks

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

There was a intermittent issues with using certain Preview features such as Multi-Geo in North Europe B, North Central US, UK South and Brazil South, but is mitigated now. 

Please check if next schedule refresh is successful. If not, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This morning, there were no reports with the "time-out" error.

Thank you,

Dave