Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Batch submitted to datamart that is not in an available status

Any ideas how to resolve issues with datamart. I cannot access it, and I cannot restart it. It is also not updating 

gulzatsirenova_1-1663146198806.png

Hi @gulzatsirenova ,

Thank you for the information you have provided: This has been confirmed as a bug from Microsoft support team, which is planned to be resolved within the next 3 weeks or so.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
vish_ria
Regular Visitor

I'm getting the same issue this morning.  After making changes to the datamart, i'm not able open it again.  Getting same error.  Frustrating!!  

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @gulzatsirenova ,

Have you been able to use the data mart before?

Are you unable to create a datamart or are you unable to open a datamart previously created ?

At the same time, what is your license?

Please make sure that your workspace is in premium to enable the data mart. Also, make sure the administrator has not disabled the data mart feature.

Best regards,

gulzatsirenova
Regular Visitor

hi @v-mengzhu-msft 

thansk for reply. please see answers below:

1) Yes, cpacity is premium

2) I am the administrator myself, and I didnt' disable datamart

3) Yes, I was using this datamart before and I was not able top open it 

It happen quit often from time to time, that at some it just becomes unavailable, and seems that there is no other option but just wait until it becomes available again. Is there any way to manually restart server/datamart?

Regards,

Gulzat 

gulzatsirenova
Regular Visitor

Also, from yesterday I am getting error below. And neither I can restart it nor I can fix it. Any ideas on what to do?

gulzatsirenova_0-1663646679075.png

vish_ria
Regular Visitor

Hi @gulzatsirenova,

I was getting the same error as you are that says "We couldn't retry your suspended datamart".  After a few hours I was able to open the datamart again.  Currently it seems the datamart feature is in preview release and is very buggy.  Hopefully Microsoft BI team @v-mengzhu-msft can fix these issues with datamarts.

For the time being, I decided to take a different approach.  I decided to split all the ETL steps into 3 different steps using 3 dataflows... initial staging dataflow, followed by phase 1 of the transformation, and finally phase 2 of the transformation.  After the 3 dataflows, I then have a datamart that just uses the already transformed data from the last dataflow and loads it into the database within the datamart.  Although, not an ideal solution, I was able to bypass the datamart errors for the time being.  Hope a similar approach helps with your situation.  Best of luck!

gulzatsirenova
Regular Visitor

Hi @vish_ria

thanks for reply. Yes, your approach seems logical. I probably will do the same. But at least I need to open my datamart, to copy all exisiting queries from datamart to dataflow.

And 24 hrs later, datamart still is "not finalized in a failed state".

Regards,

Gulzat 

vish_ria
Regular Visitor

Hi @gulzatsirenova,

Try opening a support ticket with Microsoft.  Someone should be able to help you resolve the issue with not being able to open the datamart.

Good luck!

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support

Hi @gulzatsirenova , @vish_ria ,

Has there been any progress on this issue?

Best regards,

gulzatsirenova
Regular Visitor

hello @v-mengzhu-msft 

Yes, this has been confirmed as a bug from Microsoft support team, which is planned to be resolved within the next 3 weeks or so.

regards,

Gulzat  

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @gulzatsirenova ,

Thank you for the information you have provided: This has been confirmed as a bug from Microsoft support team, which is planned to be resolved within the next 3 weeks or so.

Best regards,