Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bar chart does not have options for inner padding or maximum width

I'm trying to reduce the whitespace around my bar chart and all the suggestions say to adjust the x-axis padding and width settings. Those settings do not exist for this chart. Is it because of the data type (the x-axis is a date, the y-axis are numeric values).

afab421_0-1645386568108.png

afab421_1-1645386609769.png

Currently you can disable 'New format pane' feature in preview features of Options in Power BI Desktop and find 'Inner padding' in X-axis settings of bar chart to change its padding.

vyingjl_0-1645428655420.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Currently you can disable 'New format pane' feature in preview features of Options in Power BI Desktop and find 'Inner padding' in X-axis settings of bar chart to change its padding.

vyingjl_0-1645428655420.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

rpfc
Regular Visitor

Hi,

This new format pane is now mandatory and cant be switched off. However, this means that "inner padding" for continuous is gone too? I now get very thin bars with way too much white space if I enable continuous and zoom slider. 

Can you re-enable inner padding for continous again as per your september 2021 update? 

Power BI Report Server September 2021 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Thanks

ackerkris
Frequent Visitor
Syk
Super User
Super User

@v-yingjl  - can you provide an update on this? Seems wild to remove functionality that was previously available.