Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bar Chart Date X-Axis Date including Time in Labels

I have a clustered column chart with a date filed as the x-axis. If the number of days filters down past a certain cutro-off the control starts showing 12AM and 12PM with teh date. This should not happen as there is no time conpoentn to the x-axis values. And labels no longer line up with the bars. Looks bad, please fix.Incorrect x-axis labeling for a date valueIncorrect x-axis labeling for a date value

Comments
BiBra
Helper III

I cannot seem to replicate this fault. However, I am curious how your date value is initialized? What does the core data day?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mcolb88,

Would you please share a pbix file with dummy data so we can try to reproduce it? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

mcolb88
Helper III

HI,

Attached is a very straight forward example of this issue. I striped the report down to a simple calculated date table and a call log. If you filter the date to include 10 days for example, the chart looks correct with expected date labels in the x-axis.

2018-04-18_11-49-48.png

However, if you filter down to 5 days, you will see the time appended to the x-axis date label.

2018-04-18_11-50-36.png

Even after changing the format of the date column to use m/d/yyyy, it still shows the times of 12 AM and 12 PM.

Thanks