Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Backspace Evaluates Measure

When I am editing a measure in PBI desktop, pressing "backspace" with the last line of the measure selected evaluates as a "return" key and evaluates the measure, even if I'm not done editing it. For huge models, this can take minutes to evaluate and is a huge pain in the ***.

The "shift" key seems to also do this.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @LukeWalker,

I tested in Power BI desktop version 2.66.5376.2161, if select the last line of the measure then press Backspace button, the selected line is removed from the measure. But I didn't see the "evaluate" process on my side. 

In your scenario. which Power BI desktop version do you run? Please check if the issue to specific measure or all measures. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

LukeWalker
Advocate IV

I am in 2.66.5376.1681. It almost seems to be more the measure randomly evaluating than a specific key.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @LukeWalker,

The latest Power BI desktop version 2.66.5376.2521, would you please update the Power BI desktop to this version then test again? If the issue still occurs, please share detail steps for us to reproduce the issue. It would be better if you could record a video. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu