Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Backgrounds images not working on app

I’ve come across this today and a client reported it happening on Friday

Use a JPEG as a background,  publish.   The background shows up in the workspace but doesn’t show up in APP,  doesn’t show in Mobile App either

One work around appears to be to set the Page View in Desktop to Actual Size and then publish. 

Others having the issue. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/New-backgrounds-and-inserted-images-not-working-on-app/m-p/...

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @wynhopkins,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Would you please test our report to see if the same issue occurs. 

q6.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

wynhopkins
MVP

The issue arises if you add a background after publishing an app for the first time.

Repo Steps:

Create a report,  publish to workspace,  publish app

Add background to report, publish to workspace, update app

New background will not show

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @wynhopkins,

I have tested with Power BI desktop November version follow your steps but not able to reproduce the issue. Would you please update your desktop to the latest version then test it again? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

wynhopkins
MVP

Yes the issue persists in the November version

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @wynhopkins,

I guess the issue might be related to specific Power BI cluster. I would suggest you create a support ticket to Microsoft and let engineers look into your environment to investigate the issue. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu