Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG on Line and Clustered Column Chart > Legend when only line values

For a use case I am working on, I would like to have 2 area series and a single line series on a single visual (I intend to make the single line dynamic too so it can be removed from the visual by user if needed, but the 2 areas will always remain).

In order to do this, I have selected the line and clustered column chart as I believe this is the only out of the box option which would allow me to do this (Line and/or area charts do not provide the flexibility). While this worked to some extent, a bug which does not allow me to modify the legend, or even turn it off, is preventing me from using it. Steps to recreate:

1. Add all my measures to the line values (nothing is in column values. Date is my shared X-axis).
  2. Go to format > shapes and set 'shade area' to on.
  3. Set Customize series to on, select the series I want to be a line and set 'shade area' to off.
  4. Go to format > legend and try to modify any of the settings. Even turning the Legend to 'Off'. The setting does not stick and reverts back to whatever default the application has.

Please may you investigate what may be causing this?

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@BITomS 

The issue is reported internally and I will keep you posted with any updates.

IcM 271865574

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @BITomS 

Thanks for the waiting! We've got feedback from product team said it's a bug and they will try to tackle it. However, it may spend a long time before you can reach the fix in production environment, roughly Feb in next year.  Normally, we use a combo chart with some column values. In such case, we should not get such issue.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

BITomS
Resolver III

Thanks for the update, Caiyun. I have a workaround for now, but would be great if this could be fixed. Will keep a lookout for any updates around Feb.

Many thanks!