Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BUG in service & desktop - R Chart Doesn't renders on "Focus Mode"

In focus mode the R chart (based on ggplot2) is not rendering as should be:

focus mode.PNG

Out of focus mode the chart renders OK

not focus mode.PNG

code for graph:

library (ggplot2)
library(scales)
library(ggrepel)

if (exists("powerbi_rFontName")){
  library("showtext")
  showtext.opts(dpi = powerbi_rPngDeviceDpi)
  showtext.auto()
}

ggplot(dataset, aes(x = as.Date(get('local scheduled date')), y = get('user marked % avg'), fill=experiment, colour = experiment ) )+
geom_errorbar(aes(width= .7, ymin=get('Marked Lower CI'), ymax=get('Marked Upper CI'))) +
geom_point(size = 2.5)+
geom_line(size = 1)+
geom_text_repel(aes(label=percent( get('user marked % avg'))))+
scale_x_date(date_breaks = "1 day")+
theme_classic( base_size = 14 )+
theme(axis.text.x  = element_text(size = 10, angle = 45, colour = "black",vjust = 1, hjust = 1))+
labs(x = "Date", y = "Reminded Reminders %") +
scale_y_continuous(labels=percent) +
geom_smooth(method = "lm", se = FALSE, linetype = "dashed") + facet_grid(.~get('Version Features'))

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Would you please share the pbix file with us? You can upload it to your OneDrive and send the share link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry this data is PHI so i cant share. 

you can easily create the same issue by setting report page hight to 3000 and width to 700 

here is path to file

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/R-Script-Showcase/Using-R-scripts-to-show-5-different-dimensions-in...

download the example file and set the page sizes then try to get into "focus mode"

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have reported this issues internally: CRI 112124942. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I got information below: 

"This is not a bug. R visuals are computed outside Power BI and are displayed as images, which takes longer in the service than Desktop. This is not a Report / Canvas "bug", if you have issues with the updated dimensions for In Focus then contact the R team to determine how they send InFocus dimensions to R for processing."

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu