Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

[BUG] Unable to see DAX measures in reports created pre-october update

When opening all our reports that we have created over time, we are unable to see the DAX code. The formula bar does simply not appear when selecting a measure.

Comments
MarkSL
Helper V

Hi @debora 

We had a support ticket with MS and were advised that from version 2.98.1025.0 64-bit (October 2021), that the measure code does appear if you press Refresh in the report connected to the Live dataset.  As you are already connected to the live dataset, this takes no more than 1 or 2 seconds.

Whilst not ideal (as all users need to know this), it did allow us to see the code without having to create and delete a measure and do a little dance.

Mark

DanielKing
Frequent Visitor

Reviewed latest relase

Version: 2.99.621.0 64-bit (November 2021)

Live connection to Analysis Services 2014 still does not show the Formula bar.  None of the suggested workarounds appear to work for this connection.  We are unable to view any existing measures or enter a formula for new measures.

debora

@MarkSL Thank you for sharing this info, but unfortunately the Refresh doesn't work, neither on the old reports nor on a new one.

rdugan
Regular Visitor

I am also having this issue, and refreshing does not fix it.  I believed that the November update would resolve this issue, but not the case.  Anyone know if this is being worked on? Thanks!

rrodriguez_01
Regular Visitor

We have the same problem.

Live connection to Analysis Services 2014 does not show the Formula bar. 

We are unable to view or edit any existing measures or enter a formula for new measures wich is a huge catastrofe for us, as we new to edit some reports

Al least, How can I download de August version?

In another computer with August version it works but I deleted long ago the installation archive.

Thx

RAul

Bug.png

MarkSL
Helper V

Hi @rrodriguez_01 

I feel your pain, it was a serious issue for us too.  I would recommend raising a support ticket: 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-gb/support/pro/

We find that the support is excellent and we always get a response from the team within a few hours.  Hopefully the more people that raise this issue, the better chance we have of a permanent fix being found.

When we raised our ticket, we were told the team were unaware of the bug.  However the fix to refresh the report worked for us, but we are not connected to SSAS.

Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @rrodriguez_01 , @DanielKing - we have the same issue.
Has any of you written a ticket yet?
Otherwise I'll talk to our admin...
All the best
Johannes

DanielKing
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous - Yes we have a support case open for this.  It is currently being progressed via email.  I'll update here as soon as we get a response.

rrodriguez_01
Regular Visitor

Hello @Anonymous 

No response yet and still suffering (a lot).

Could you write a ticket, please?

Thx

Raul

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rrodriguez_01: as @DanielKing has an open ticket, I'd give it another day.
It seems that I cannot open a ticket myself and my administrator is a busy man.
Fingers crossed, it's really perplexing when something so central does not work anymore