Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

[BUG] Unable to see DAX measures in reports created pre-october update

When opening all our reports that we have created over time, we are unable to see the DAX code. The formula bar does simply not appear when selecting a measure.

Comments
elMedex
Regular Visitor

I see this behavior too however only with live conected models with Analys Servises, 

on imported mode models it seems to be working correctly

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
FelipeDBA
Frequent Visitor

Same behaviour here. Can't see Dax Measure. All our pbix files are connected to Azure Analysis Sirvices.

Work around:
create a new measure that will pop up the dax measure bar, click "X" and then you will be able to see your older measures.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to see DAX after clicking on measure.   

Work around: 

1. Create New Measure
  2. Stand up, turn around 3x, sit down 
  3. Delete new measure
  4. Click existing measure, now formula bar, with the DAX, will appear after a polite wait

Power Bi Premium Gen 2 

Dataset is a Tabular Model

smitty_0-1634911044686.png

DanielKing
Frequent Visitor

I am also experiencing this issue with Power BI Desktop connected to Tabular Model

Version: 2.98.882.0 64-bit (October 2021)

elMedex
Regular Visitor

Version 2.98.1004.0 Release today 10/29/2021 still has the same issue

ReturnOfTheMac
Regular Visitor

Same issue.  Using @Anonymous's workaround/turnaround technique... 😝

MarkSL
Helper V

Very relieved to have found this post and the temporary dance around the room fix.

This is a really big issue for us - until now we have been blind / lost the ability to view any measures added to PBIX files connecting to Live Datasets!

We only spotted the issue 3 days ago, but amazed its been present for some for 2 weeks and still hasn't been fixed.

debora

It seems the problem is still there with the November release (2.99.621.0 64-bit) and no workaround works for me. Do you have the same issue with November release too?