Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG Slicer on Calendar Date

Hi all,

hope you can help me with this strange issue i found out. 

Goal: let our users see the data at a reference date of yesterday (our company DWH refresh every night)

First of all a bit of context:

1. Power BI updated at December 2019, data model on Azure Analysis Services.
  2. I'm using a slicer with the before option to let users use the "calendar widget" to select the interval of analysis.
  3. We have business data in the past but also in the future (scheduled appointments)
  4. We want to use the end date selected by users to filter some visuals until the day chosen (e.g. MTD to the selected date using proper dax code)
  5. We want to use the end date selected by users to filter some visuals in the same page since the day chosen to a future day (e.g. MTG="Month To Go" to the end of the month starting from the selected date using proper dax code)
  6. To let users automatically see the calendar (and data) at yesterday, we filter the calendar slicer with a relative filter (e.g 1000 days) excluding today (remeber day updated at yesterday) and then drag the slider to the max (this does the trick and update the calendar when data change)

Issue: Every day the calendar correctly updates to show yesterday in the calendar slicer, BUT if you select a past day in the calendar slicer and THEN you select again yesterday, every visual in the page "lose" the calendar filter context. 

This happens only if you select a day in the past and then yesterday, it does not happen if you select a day in the future and then yesterday...

I reproduced the issue also with the Adventure works data model (Tabular in live connection), thus it's not an issue of the data model ADW example 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @corporate,

I can't open the report on my side as it requires credential to connect to the data source in Connect Live mode.

Please click on Refresh button to see if the data is filtered as expected. Also please check if the issue happens in Import mode. Please update the Power BI desktop to the latest version then test again. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu