Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BUG: Publish content pack and apps to the entire organization doesn't work

I'm trying to limit the feature to create Apps to certain users in my organization, so I enabled these option, selected "The entire organization" in "Applies to" section and checked "Except specific security groups" in order to disable these option to only some groups. But it doesn't seem to work because the users still have the option (I tested several times)

Other options (print, export data, etc.) doesn't have the same problem, it works perfectly.

Happens to someone else? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

I cannot repro the same issue on my side. Please note that tenant settings changes will be applied within the next 15 minutes. Did you wait for 15 minutes and then check the option?

Publish content pack and apps to the entire organization doesn't work_1.jpgPublish content pack and apps to the entire organization doesn't work_2.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your answer Herbert.

I set the configuration yesterday, today I test it again and the user can still create and share apps with anyone he wants.

I suppose the configuration is right:

PBISettings.png

I also check that the user is in the group, and we test it doing logon again, but the problem still persists.

Did you chek it? Your user cannot create apps with the same configuration?

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

With above configuration, the users in specific security groups can still create apps, but they cannot publish the app to entire organization, they can only publish to specific security group.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, now I understand what's the purpose of that option (by the way, thanks for the video, very useful)

Let me explain what's the meaning for me: if you select the option "Specific security groups", the user has to select one or more groups of the AD when trying to publish the App because the option "The entire organization" is disabled, right? Ok, but if you're trying to limit who can install the App, this option has no meaning because you can still select all the groups of the AD, so in practice everyone of the organizacion (or the mayority of it) can install the App.

And that's what I need: control who share contents through Apps and to whom. But I'm afraid this is not possible right now.

Thankis for your help

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Yes, it seem not to be possible now. You can create an idea in https://ideas.powerbi.com.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered