Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

* BUG * Issue with "Show items with no data" and filtering within PowerBI service

Hello, 

I have an issue within a report within the PowerBI service area when using the "Show items with no data" and applying filters via slicers.  

In the attached screenshot is an example. Only the bar chart has the "Show itesm with no data" applied and its not filtered like the remaining report. However, 20 days ago or so this issue was not present. 

Screenshot.png

Is this a know issue or is there any solutions? 

Hi @Kraken @Anonymous 

Find an exsiting ICM(284422569) for similar issue, fix will be available in production environment around 2/5.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Kraken 

Sorry, but I couldn’t repro your issue. Could you make it more clear with some more screenshots, description or a small screen recording? In addition, please let me know whether you make any setting on the Filter pane, for your chart or in Slicers. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Kraken
Advocate I

Hi, thanks for your response.

Please see screenshot. Basically when this "Show data with no items" is applied to a visual. The slicers on screen stop working on that visual. (This is only in the online area, it works fine on the desktop version still). 

I also do have filtes applied to the visual within the side panel. However this is a basic filter looking for active items. This is also applied to the entire page. 

Figure 1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-cazheng-msft 

Is there any update on this bug please?
I am experiencing a similar issue.

If I make a selection in the slicer and choose an item with no data, the Line and column chart does not respond.

(If you flick onto another page and flick back, the graph responds as it should)

Other visualisations filter as expected (cards, gauges, bar chart etc.).

This occurs with all line and column charts, regardless of show items with no data being selected.
The bug is not present in the desktop version. It only manifests when published to the service.

The resulting output makes reports extremely confusing and unusable. Please advise when this will be resolved.
Many thanks.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Kraken @Anonymous 

Find an exsiting ICM(284422569) for similar issue, fix will be available in production environment around 2/5.

Best Regards,