Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

BUG: Issue with Bing map behaving differently in desktop BI than published version

I need to plot postcodes for Ireland (EIRCODE) and UK (Postcode) on a bing map.  It all works perfectly in the Desktop BI designer (August 2019 version).  BUT, when I publish the report,  the Ireland addresses are not displayed on the map.   All the data is correctly categorized, with ISO code for "country" and postcode for "postcode".  I am unable to determine why the Desktop BI displays the map differently from the published version.  Can you please advise how to proceed / resolve, as the Ireland data is of most interst to management at the moment. 

Barry

Comments
bc2m
Frequent Visitor

Re  the above message.  This screenshot shows the map in Desktop BI on the left and the published version on the right.  Why is this happnening? 🙂

BarryDesktop BI mao on left, published map on rigDesktop BI mao on left, published map on rig

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @bc2m

Please share ISO code and postcode with us, so we can try to test it on our side. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

bc2m
Frequent Visitor

Hi.  Thanks so much for our offer of assistance.   I'm not sure how to send the data so it is below in CSV format which I guess you can copy and paste to Excel?  Smiley Happy

Full EIRCODES don't plot on the desktop, but the first part (area codes) do on the Desktop version but not on the portal web version.

Barry

"PeriodName";"AddressOfIncidentPostCode";"CountryISOCode"
"PastYear";"F23";"IRL"
"PastYear";"D11";"IRL"
"PastYear";"D24";"IRL"
"PastYear";"V94";"IRL"
"PastYear";"R32";"IRL"
"PastYear";"A86";"IRL"
"PastYear";"E91";"IRL"
"PastYear";"D18";"IRL"
"PastYear";"A98";"IRL"
"PastYear";"D03";"IRL"
"PastYear";"IG1";"IRL"
"PastYear";"H91";"IRL"
"PastYear";"Y25";"IRL"
"PastYear";"F92";"IRL"
"PastYear";"A67";"IRL"
"PastYear";"H54";"IRL"
"PastYear";"E91";"IRL"
"PastYear";"Y34";"IRL"
"PastYear";"R45";"IRL"
"PastYear";"H91";"IRL"

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @bc2m

Please set Data Category for CountryISOCode column as Country/Region. With this setting, Ireland displays fine after publishing to Power BI service. 

w3.PNGw4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

bc2m
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, but I already did that (see screenshot).  I don't know why it isn't working for me. Is my account not set up correctly or something?  Why did your map only have one point in IRL with that data?  The data set was for all over Ireland, unless you only plotted one point as a test, in which case my apologies.  ISOCountry is set to "Region/Country" and Postcode is set to "Postal code" for each of the data sets.  Is it possible the gateway is not cirrectly updating the data or something?  I refreshed the data before publishing.   

I really do not know how to fix this - but it is causing issues within our company and is very frustrating.  Are there tools to check the configuration and / or the gateway set up - it seems OK but I'm a relative newbie to all this. 

Capture.PNG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @bc2m

In your previous post, the CountryISOCode column only contains one value "IRL", so in my test, there is only one bubble. 

For your issue, I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu