Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG: Home feature (preview) - clicking the report in Favourites + frequents section results in error

Hello Power BI team!

I was really glad to see the new Home feature in the Power BI web app as this is what our users are constantly asking for.

Unfortunatelly, we've found out, some of our users get errors when clicking the report in the Faforites + frequents section

The error:

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

Do you share the report to these users? If so, are these users able to access to the report under "Shared With me" option? Also please check if these users have permission on the underlying dataset via the following option.

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

KrisW
Helper I

SIMILAR BUG: "HOME PREVIEW" cannot be edited! 

Favorites + frequents lists a number of non-existant reports that I cannot get rid of.

I had activated my TRIAL PRO license to test a few things, deleated all reports from Group workspaces prior to end of trial, yet those reports are still listed in this area. 

I initially just clicked on the reports  knew had been deleted. Those in MY WORKSPACE I got an error message re: report not found & it was deleted. As I did this even more (long gone) reports showed up in this area. Now I am down to existing reports & ones deleted from Group Workspaces. When I click on those I get a warning AND a notification to update my subscription.

Really need a way to edit/clean this section!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msftHello Lydia! The report is published on the company workplace, where anyone within the company has access to. Maybe this is the case - that the report is not shared with the user directly?
(My apologies for a late answer.)

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

Do you mean that you add the uses as members of the company workspace in Power BI Service?

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msftProbably yes. I don't add them personally, I am just publishing reports to the workspace.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

Could you please post a screenshot about how you share the report to users so that I can repro?

Regards,
Lydia