Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG: Filter pane AND slicer header aren't hidden despite published as hidden and turned off.

Filter pane and slicer header are not hidden although they are turned off in the source report, and when published they appear anyway. 

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@notyd 

It has been fixed. You may download the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

FPCI
Frequent Visitor

Don't know if the new version helped/fixed the problem for @notyd ; BUT it didn't for me, we still have this problem even with the newest version PBI desktop. Options PBI desktop of changing filters for the enduser is off, but in the service (PBI embedded) it's still visible. I tried another solution to turn off bookmark navigation but still visible filter pane. Painful as it's almost 2 weeks with this bug. This is far from fixed..

notyd
Regular Visitor

@FPCI It actually worked, have you tried to minimizing the filter pane before publishing? 

FPCI
Frequent Visitor

Hi @notyd , yes tried it; minimize filter pane and hide, don't allow/show and save filters for endusers in PBI Desktop as well as PBI Service. New install of the latest desktop-version won't fix it either.

I don't know if there is a newer Desktop version, i have : 2.82.5858.641 64-bit (June 2020); maybe @v-chuncz-msft  could tell if thats the newest version with the above mentioned fix?

I still don't know where the problem lies in...we currently don't work with filterpane disabled as an URL filter because hiding the filter pane in service/desktop worked till 29.05....  

BarretPruden

I am currently publishing reports into the MS Teams Power BI app.  I am having this same issue. 

I have been testing it out with a simple one visual report.  I hide all filters, and turn off filter settings, even minimized the filter pane in client version.  

Though, when I publish to MS Teams, the Filter Pane is still visible.  It shows "There aren't any filters to display".

How do I ensure that the filter pane is NOT visible anymore?

notyd
Regular Visitor

@BarretPruden  - My happiness didn't last that long.. A short while after my latest post, the issue returned. When will the issue be fixed. When the reports are published in Teams, the filter pane is visible even if it's hidden in the settings. In app and online, the pane is gone. 

Any progress on when this will be looked at? 

warpraptor
Frequent Visitor

This is NOT just an issue with publishing to TEAMS.  This is an issue with embedding PowerBI anywhere (at least for us).

Regression (breaking something that used to work) bugs like this are a little bit amateur-hour.

What's the status on getting a fix for this?  Can we get an acknowledgement that this isn't just an edge case for people publishing to MS Teams?

@v-chuncz-msft- Fixed = not so much.

warpraptor
Frequent Visitor

Any response @v-chuncz-msft ?  @v-wxu ?  @v-yuta-msft ?

`filterPaneEnabled: false` has no effect.