Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG: Failed to save modifications to the server... because another operation in transaction failed

Hello!

Since today we are getting the following error when we try to refresh some dashboards:

2018-10-15 17_58_07-.pngWe are already using the October update 2.62.5222.761 64 bit on Win 7 machine. 

We did not had any problem until now withe the source (only Excel)

One colleague could help us to publish an urgent dashboard, by using his old version.

How to solve this?

Best regards

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Ghuiles,

Do these issued reports connect to this specific Excel? Is it local Excel or stored on OneDrive/SharePoint? 

Please open Query Editor then refresh data, check which step has the issue in Applied Steps pane for table Raw Measures. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Ghuiles
Advocate IV

Hi Yu!
This error comes with all excel files related to this pbix file.

The Excel xlsx files are stored on a local server (no OneDrive / SP).

Interestingly we were able to refresh the data when following your solution: Query Editor > Refresh.

There no error notification came at all. 

I hope this error will not propagate to the other dashboards.

Best regards. G.

Ghuiles
Advocate IV

Hi Yu!

I have to take it back. It still does not work properly!

It refresh somehow the view, but does not save the change, and if i insert a step in the query editor then the updating process crashes. And i get the same error message as with the normal refresh button (the ususal process).

How can we solve this properly?

Best regards. G.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Ghuiles,

Do you mean you are inserting a query step during the data refresh period? Please do not do any action after refreshing data till it's completed. 

If issue persists, please share pbix file and source Excel files with us if it's possible. You can upload them to your OneDrive and send the link to me via private message. 

By the way, there is a new Power BI desktop version, please update your desktop to version 2.63.3272.40262 then test it again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu