Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG: Eraser Gone from Slicer when in Single Select Mode or in Multi-Select with CTRL

It seems there is a bug with the standard slicer. If we have it set to single-select the eraser is gone completely. For us, we want to look at single-select or everything. However, when single-select is "on" we cannot look at all or unselect the one item. Okay, so I work around this new "feature" by using the multi-select with CTRL setting. Okay, if somebody wants to select more than one item, it's okay, but they have to do it consciously by holding CTRL and not accidentally selecting more than one. However, flipping between pages, sometimes the eraser goes away and sometimes it doesn't. If it is gone, I can open the selection controls, verify the multi-select with CTRL setting is on and then the eraser reappears, BUT only temporarily. It seems to disappear again when moving between tabs in the report. This may seem like a small issue, but it is a major issue for our users. Please FIX.

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Shelley ,

I have reported this issue internally, CRI: 114983629. Would update here once I get any response.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Accepted

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Shelley ,

This is by design, the new version of "Single Select" enforces a single selection at all time. Please see blog post to go back to the previous behavior, which allows zero elements selected and also shows the eraser.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered

Lorelai
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

Are there any news on this matter? Where can we check if there is any progress?

Thanks in advance.