Came across a bug recently in PowerBI Dataflows - here are the steps to reproduce.
1) New dataflow
2) SQL server source - use a local host database (with appropriate gateway)
3) Import data from a table in the source
4) save and close dataflow - it will ask for a name to save
5) Provide any name
6) Error message says that localhost or .\ isn't supported and thus cannot be saved. User is taken to a view of the tables in their dataflow.
7) Hitting "Close" - prompts user to save
Additioanlly the "add new tables" or "edit tables" buttons also provide an error at this point - they state
The only way out of this loop is to close the browser tab and then open a new one and navigate back to PowerBI.
I have tested it with your steps on my side, but not reproduce the problem, it works well, I could save my dataflow.
if you use another datasource to create a dataflow see if it could work.
try to clear the browser cache or use inprivate model to have a test.
and also try to use another browser to have a test.
other sources work...but i need to use localhost. Why do dataflows not save with localhost?
I cannot use "inprivate" as log in to PBI is disabled with in private.
I am able to reproduce this issue and would be happy to demonstrate it.
I have also confirmed the same bug with other browsers.
I used my sql as the datasource, it works well.
try to re-add this sql datasource in the gateway, and try it again.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.