Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG: Dashboard Tiles - Custom Link to Current dashboard or report in the current workspace

Hi,

We have a current issue with Dashboard Tiles and Custom Links.

We have a dashboard in a Published App in Power BI Premium, this dashboard is the App Landing Page and has multiple Text tiles with descriptions and Custom Links utilizing the "Current dashboard or report in the current workspace" option.
When we publish the App and a user then browses to "https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/apps"   and opens the App then the tiles work as designed: i.e the tile opens the report in the App and Drillthrough features etc work. 

However if the user sets a bookmark or accesses the App using any other method then the tile link appears to open the report from the workspace instead of the App and Drillthough features etc are broken. This issue only started happening recently.

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

I have reported this issue internally, will update here once I get any information.

Regards,

Lin

AnttiE
Regular Visitor

We are experiencing the exact same problem. We first noticed it about a week ago. Hopefully this could be fixed soon, as our users are getting really confused.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

I get this from PG:

Bug Bug 572368: ASKMode : App dashboard tile navigation will go outside app context if lands on app first - Boards (visualstudio.com raised to fix this issue which should reach prod by mid-May.

Regards,

Lin