Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BUG: Customer Count by Zip Code Not Working Esri Map in PowerBI

My data table only has zip codes in Michigan and Indiana.  When I map these zip codes in Esri's ArcGIS desktop software, the display is correct.  When I map the customers by zip code in PowerBI, I see zip codes in Montana and other states where I know that there is no data.  When I map the customers by county ID, the map is correct.  When I map the customers by latitude and longitude, all of the records are in Michigan or Indiana.  The problem seems to be specifically related to how PowerBI is interpreting the US zip codes.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@sz4C

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 45078490
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Austinl

Hello! 

I am having the same issue as well. I have about 20,000 rows of data with ZIP Codes and would like them to be represented as a choropleth map based on dollars spent. When I represent this using the Bing filled map, the zipcode points seem to represent accurately, but when I switch to Arc GIS, I have Forth Worth Tx showing in Kansas, and Las Vegas showing in Nebraska (though 90% of the data seems accurate).

Everything else about the Arc GIS feature is a great improvement, so I am very excited about this. I am happy to provide more information if necessary. I am just curious if this issue has been reviewed yet.