Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

[BUG] ArcGIS Maps Symbol colors resetting to "undefined" teal color after maximizing "Size" field

All the colors I had configured keep defaulting to the new "undefined" teal color after I turned the new "layers" overlay off. Please fix.

UPDATE:

3/5/2020 - I had thought the colors were resetting due to the new "Layers" feature, however, I found that the colors reset whenever I added an integer to the "Size" fields and aggregated that to use the Maximum value. See below posts for more details.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

How did you define the color? 

Based on my test in Power BI desktop version 2.78.5740.861 64-bit (February 2020), if we define Fill color in Symbol Style, then turn off Layers feature in Format pane, the ArcGIS map keeps using previous defined color. When we go to Symbol Style, the Fill Color setting shows the previous defined color as well. 

Please use the same Power BI desktop version as ours then test again. IF the issue still occurs, please share detail steps with us so we can try to reproduce the issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

Thanks for your response.

I updated Power BI desktop to version 2.78.5740.861 64-bit (February 2020) but the problem persists. No matter what colors I define under Symbol style, it will revert back to a single color the moment I click "Back to report" or even out of the "Symbol style" tab. I didn't want to have to re-create the report from scratch but it's looking like I might have to go that route. Hopefully the problem fixes itself. I will post an update once I know the result.

"Symbol Style" after defining colors:

3-4-2020 11-17-45 AM.png

"Symbol style" after defining colors and clicking "Back to report" and then back into "Symbol style"

3-4-2020 11-18-44 AM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I basically re-produced the issue on the newest version of PowerBI. Turning "Layers" feature on or off didn't matter. Whenever I define colors under "Symbol style" -> "symbol color", the Color ramp will always reset to "undefined" teal color. Please advise. @v-qiuyu-msft 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I'm still not able to reproduce the issue. Please check if our sample report has the issue on your side. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

I believe I found the reason why it keeps resetting to this "undefined" teal color. In my dataset query, I define an integer field to determine the sizing of the dots on the map. I am also aggregating this "Size" to use the "Maximum" value. I notice that as soon as I add this, all the colors in "Symbol Style" will reset to that "undefined" teal color. See below screenshot:

3-5-2020 10-07-01 AM.png

Thanks,

Julian

ColinHill
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue. Qiuyun, in your sample report, drag the "SalesTerritoryKey" into the size field. It will reset the symbol color to teal.

This is a major problem for map reporting in my company.

Thanks,

Colin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft 

FYI- the poster above me shared steps on how to reproduce the issue in case you didn't see it yet:

Qiuyun, in your sample report, drag the "SalesTerritoryKey" into the size field. It will reset the symbol color to teal.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Thank you for all your detail information. I can reproduce it now, will report it internally soon.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 179239071. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted