Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

[BUG] ArcGIS Maps Symbol colors resetting to "undefined" teal color after maximizing "Size" field

All the colors I had configured keep defaulting to the new "undefined" teal color after I turned the new "layers" overlay off. Please fix.

UPDATE:

3/5/2020 - I had thought the colors were resetting due to the new "Layers" feature, however, I found that the colors reset whenever I added an integer to the "Size" fields and aggregated that to use the Maximum value. See below posts for more details.

Comments
dz_bc
Frequent Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft 

Please consider the following information as you are reporting on this issue.

I am using desktop PowerBI:  Version: 2.78.5740.1101 64-bit (February 2020)

The map pictured below was working correctly when the legend first came out for the ESRI map visual.  I decided to add similar map with different information to another page in the same report.  In order to make sure the settings were the same for both maps, I had to enter the Edit menu for this map.  When I entered the edit settings, a new category - "undefined" - showed up.  The category has zero entries.  This should not be there.  Thank you for addressing this bug.

Snip of map with color/size legend.

dz_bc
Frequent Visitor

pictures for my previous post.

Map Legend.pngMap Edit.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Please create a support ticket to Power BI support, add the CRI number 179239071 in your ticket, the Power BI engineer will open a ticket to ESRI support regarding this issue. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

ColinHill
Regular Visitor

I need admin approval in my organization to create a support ticket, which I am unable to get. Qiuyun, can you or somebody else please request this?

Furthermore, I don't understand why this is a necessary step. We've already replicated the bug, so the team at Microsoft should be working on fixing it, not asking us to create a support ticket.

Thanks,

Colin

v-xuding-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

Can you confirm if this issue is resolved? If it still can't work, you could watch the video to have a try. https://www.screencast.com/t/ENmoPWBA

Note: use the color ramp not the individual colors.