Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BUG-Analytics for Salesforce App-Data source error: The 'Fax' column does not exist in the rowset.

Steps to reproduce:

Install Analytics for Salesforce app

Login to org with OAuth 2

On connection the dataset reports this error. Refreshing the dataset hits this error every time.

This is a new connection to an org, my SF login is a system administrator and no columns have been added, removed or changed.

Comments
b-

The error above was with the Sales Manager version of the app. I also tried the Sales Rep version and the error was for a different field:

The 'IsPrivate' column does not exist in the rowset. Table: Opportunity.

The org is Enterprise edition with API access. It has been very lightly configured and is mostly vanilla.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @b-

I don't have Salesforce account to test the issue currently. For your issue, I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

b-

I followed that link but it seems pro trial is not the same as pro for support purposes, so that's a dead end.

I expect somebody at MS cares about bugs during evaluation which are likely to lead to a decision not to purchase. Got any idea how I'd contact them?

ReportGuru
Helper IV

Hi @b- were you able to find a solution? As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Salesforce connector in the data sources list:

SALESFORCE-1.png

After that, just grant access to your Salesforce account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Salesforce fields:

SALESFORCE-2.png

There just select the fields you need. It is also compatible with custom fields and custom objects, so you'll be able to export them through windsor.  Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png