Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BSOD when opening PowerBI Store App with PBIX file on OneDrive

Not sure if this is the right place to submit this, but I have had a few BSOD issues on boot when I open the PowerBI Desktop Store App. Most of my PBIX files are stored on OneDrive and it seems to be an issue where the OneDrive client has not finished synching. After OneDrive has completed it starts up fine. Also after a BSOD my PowerBI has reset and lost all of the settings, history and login info.

I am on the Windows 10 1809 (17763.253) with PowerBI with the Feb Update (Version: 2.66.5376.1681 64-bit (February 2019))

Happy to upload DMP files.

Thanks

Chami

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Chamih ,

Do you use Power BI Desktop in Microsoft Store? If so, do you get same BSOD issue after you download Power BI Desktop from this link and install it?

And do you get same issue when opening PBIX file on your local drive?

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia

Thanks for responding. The Desktop client seems to be ok and I was unable to make it BSOD with the same steps. It seems to be an issue when launching the Power BI Desktop Store App when the OneDrive client is still synching on boot. If I wait a minute then it launches fine. 

I am not actually opening a file, just launching Power BI Desktop but the History page has a PBIX file on OneDrive.

Thanks

Chami 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous ,

I would recommend you use the installed Power BI Desktop .

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know if this is being looked at? The Store app is nice to use because it automatically gets updates.

Thanks

Chami

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous ,

The Power BI Desktop in Microsoft Store will get updated automatically when new version of Power BI Desktop is released in each month.

Regards,
Lydia