Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Azure Consumption issues

Hi ,

I have a report buld on azure consumption in**bleep**s , when I built it , it was perfectly fine , but now it seems it is missing some data , I have used the below link to build one :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-connect-azure-consumption-insights , but it seems I have not getting any cost for month of Jan and March , through records are there in the "UsageDetails" table but the cost column if 0 for all the records for the month of Jan and March (Feb is working fine).  I have tried to report the report in both Power BI server and local Power BI desktop model and it's not working. I have a older model in Power Desktop and that old model has data for Jan 2019 when I was developing it. Any inshights will be much appriciated.

azure report Capture.JPG

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've been seeing the same problem since last week (approx. 22nd March).  I'm querying MicrosoftAzureConsumptionInsights for DetailCharges from July 2018.  This was working reliably but now when I refresh the data I see what looks like correct data for July/August/October/December 2018 and January 2019.  However, the data for September/November 2018 and February/March 2019 appears to be missing/reporting £0.

Multiple refreshes of the data result in the same output.

MPEV
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem.  I have data only for January, February and June of 2018. 0€ for the rest of months of 2018 and 2019. 

before this problem, i had difference in some months  between the data extracted from ea.portal.com via csv file, and MicrosoftAzureConsumptionInsights for DetailCharges. I think due to a change of definitios of categories and subcategories..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seeing the same issue here.  In my case I have data up until Jana 2019 and then nothing.  I also tried just installing the off-the-shelf Azure Consumption Insights app and it shows the same issue.

TomDitlev
Regular Visitor

Same issue 😞 Seen first time 19-March. Issue on several datasets.

I have also reported this issuue through GitHub:

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/powerbi-docs/issues/913#issuecomment-476212905

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

Please refer to the @ldesport's post in this same thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Azure-Consumption-Insights-returning-0-...

q1.PNG

I'm trying to track the issue internally once I get ticket number, will keep you update once I receive any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

ansuman2484

Hi All,

I have tried to refresh the data again and it seems all the issues are now gone. I am able to see the full list of costing now even on the deployed reports in Power BI server.

I guess MS has fixed this issue now, I will monitor the data set for some days to see if the issue is really gone or just a bug that keeps happening in a interval of time.

Thanks

Ansuman 

TomDitlev
Regular Visitor

My data is also back this morning. The same was true last time I saw this issue. One day without data and the day after the data was back. This has now happened twice (as far as I know) (March 19th and 25th)

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Please test again your side, the issue should be gone now. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

TomDitlev
Regular Visitor

Hi Qiuyun Yu, 

Will you be providing an explanation? Why are we seeing this? As I wrote I have now experienced this twice.

Best regards,

Tom