Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Autoscroll in Matrix is not working

Hi

I am using the awesome Matrix visual but one problem that creates confusing is the automatic scrolling that doesn't always seem to work. For example I have a a matrix where the column is sorted by the measure from big values to low values:

Matrix scroll1.PNG

This creates the right focus I want the management to focus on the numbers that matter the most. therefore they are on top of the Matrix visual.

But when a user filters on a different quarter, or a different year, there is no automatic scrolling back to the top so the user might think the top value is 1,5 million, which is wrong because there are some values above. Unfortunately the user has to scroll manually in Matrix to see the top values and they might forget and make the wrong conclusions.

scroll2.PNG

I would expect the matrix to autoscroll to the top according to the "sort by"?

Is this something that could be fixed?

I am using Power BI Desktop version:

version.PNG

Comments
r_anselm0
Frequent Visitor

Good question. I'd like to know if there is a solution. 

Team of microsoft, is there a solution?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @svenvu,

Before using the slicer to filter matrix data, please drag the scroll bar to the most top side. Then select values in the slicer to filter data, does the same issue occur? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

svenvu
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I have done some more testing but I'm not able to find a logic in what's happening.

I have slicer for quarter so what I have tested:

• selectecting all quarters and scrolling to the top and than selecting a single quarter
  • deselecting all quarters and scrolling to the top and than selecting a single quarter
  • selecting a single quarter and scrolling to the top and than selecting a different single quarter

None of the above tests seem to work :s

I also tried dragging the scrollbar to the top instead of scrolling but this makes no difference.

Is there anything more I can do to test this issue?

Friendly greets

Larissafc

Which matrix visual are you using?