Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Automatically display first rows of a matrix when filtering/highlighting

Hi, 

I've noticed that in my reports, when I use a filter on one or several matrices, the first row they display is the row that was on top position before filtering. 

The problem is that, once the filter is applied, the former top row is not necessarily the top row anymore.  But it is the first row displayed, leading the user to scroll up if he/she wants to see the new top value. 

The same thing happens when cross-highlighting visuals.

This can be highly misleading for end users, as they don't instinctively think about scrolling up all matrices after using a filter. They may then think the first row displayed is the top row - and totally misinterpret the data. 

Could you then please enable an option to automatically display first rows of a matrix when filtering/highlighting? This would be great.

Don't know if I'm the only one bothered by this.. 

Cheers! Smiley Happy

Axel Prunier

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @AxelPrunier,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side.

1. Please check if the same issue occurs when you run the same report in Power BI desktop. 

2. Please check if only one report have this issue in Power BI service or all reports. If the issue only happen to one report, please share detail information with us, eg: connected data sources, import/direct query mode, which fields contained in matrix visual, etc. 

3. Please update the Power BI desktop to the latest one, then open the report and republish it. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

@AxelPrunier -  I'm also experincing the same issue. Did you find the solution ?

@v-qiuyu-msft - Same issue occurs in the Power BI desktop and also with the other reports. I updated my Power BI desktop to lastest one (Nov 18).

Thanks,

Mickey