Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Automatic page refresh not working

Hi,

I'm having an issue. First, I have power bi Premium per user. I'm implementing automatic refresh on a specific page. However, I'm not able to use this feature because there is an error message saying: "change detection is only available with power bi premium so your page won't automatically refresh unless you switch to automatic page refresh'. BUT I DO HAVE Power Bi Premium. 

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Juan

Hi @Juanricardo,

Premium Per User license is different from Premium license. For Premium Per User license, it’s a license based on user and you will see an icon as the following screenshot besides your workspace name if you have Premium Per User license and move your workspace to the Premium Per User capacity. (Power BI Premium Per User - Power BI | Microsoft Docs)

vcazhengmsft_0-1660791198864.png

But for Premium license, it’s a license based on capacity. The identify of it is a diamond icon besides your workspace name. Therefore, you need check whether you have Premium license firstly for the feature you are using is only supported with Premium license. After that, you need move your report workspace to a Premium capacity. For how to move your workspace to Premium capacity, you could refer to Configure and manage capacities in Power BI Premium - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

Best Regards,    

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Juanricardo,

Premium Per User license is different from Premium license. For Premium Per User license, it’s a license based on user and you will see an icon as the following screenshot besides your workspace name if you have Premium Per User license and move your workspace to the Premium Per User capacity. (Power BI Premium Per User - Power BI | Microsoft Docs)

vcazhengmsft_0-1660791198864.png

But for Premium license, it’s a license based on capacity. The identify of it is a diamond icon besides your workspace name. Therefore, you need check whether you have Premium license firstly for the feature you are using is only supported with Premium license. After that, you need move your report workspace to a Premium capacity. For how to move your workspace to Premium capacity, you could refer to Configure and manage capacities in Power BI Premium - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

Best Regards,    

Community Support Team _ Caiyun