Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Auto refresh

Spoiler

Hello Folks,

I have my local SYSTEM DSN set for connecting to  hive tables. And developed a report using the import query option and published the report to the Power BI report server and until this everything is fine.

When I tried to schedule a auto refresh for the same published report, and started give the same logging credentials as when published from the desktop.

Its giving me an error message as

"ODBC: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified ".

And the Power BI report server is installed on a different machine.

Please help me out on this issue, spent half a day with this issue.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @narendra534,

As the DSN exists in a different machine from Power BI report server, report server machine can't access the remote DSN. So we can't refresh the report as expected. See: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14910301/accessing-odbc-dsn-on-lan

I would suggest you create a DSN on the report server machine, then change data source in the report to this DSN. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

narendra534
Frequent Visitor

Cool. Looks like that is the issue, I think we did not set up the DSN connection on that machine where the report server is installed.

Thanks for the help @v-qiuyu-msft. Appreciate your response.