Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Auto refresh failing with: "The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error."

Hi guys, since Tuesday 16 we are getting this message in our reports hosted in the Power BI Service

Something went wrong

The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Cluster URI: WABI-SOUTH-CENTRAL-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: e78b337e-df00-4539-b936-646321967bd3
Request ID: a575fc23-9f48-bf01-2c03-9a03a3dbadd6
Time: 2021-02-17 13:08:20Z

Any idea on how to check the real error?

Thanks

Comments
DMSJennifer
Helper I

I have the same issue. Is there a way to check the error? 

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  

Upgrade the gateway to the latest version, 

and  check if you could refresh it manually or refresh it on power bi desktop.

You may also check Troubleshoot refresh scenarios.

Regards,

Lin

DMSJennifer
Helper I

Heyy,

We published the dataset again and after that it refreshed as usual.

Maybe you could try that?

Kind regards,

Jennifer

ZoltanNyitrai

Hi, 

i updated the gateway to the latest version and refresh the dataset and everything else :),

but i have the same error :(.

Zoltan

Jackiew

I have the same issue since Feb 17th as well.  When I down load the pbix file and try to open it I get an "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object."    This had been refreshing seamlessly since October 2020

Update:  resolved.  There were a couple of issues.  I had to uninstall and reinstall my PowerBI desktop to the latest version, updating to the latest version was not sufficient.  I was then able to open the .pbix.     Then on refreshing the data, I received a duplicate key error.  I was able to resolve the error and now my dataset if refreshing without issue.  

Quentin
Helper III

Don't know if related but a report with only sharepoint lists i recieved the message error:

• Processing errorCredentials are required to connect to the Salesforce source. (Source at https://login.salesforce.com/.)
  • Cluster URIWABI-NORTH-EUROPE-H-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net

We don't even have salesforce in the organization and there is surely nothing related to salesforce in this report...