Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Auto Tooltip for Specific Table Columns

When using a matrix, the auto tool tip seems to work perfectly. But when in a table, the auto function does not seem to recognize the column it is supposed to be showing up in. As a matrix will not work for how we are using this data, we need to auto tool tip to work within a table as well. 

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @Sjensen9382 ,

Based on your description, seems that could not reproduce it environment, both tooltips on matrix and table work normally.

m1.pngm2.pngt1.pngt2.png

Could you please share more details about this issue to help us reproduce it better, including the power bi desktop version, some screenshots about it etc. ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Sjensen9382
Regular Visitor

Absoloutely, In the example below, I would like to have multiple report page tooltips set up depending on the column I am hovering over. If I am not hovering over one of the predetermined report page tooltip's It would be nice it it didnt show the tool tip, or the defaulted tooltip to avoid the tool tip constantly being in the way of the data table. 

For example: If I hover over WO #, I would like for it to show the report page tooltip I set up to show the specifice Work Order Information.

Sjensen9382_1-1609957483324.png

Then if I hover over the Client Name Colum, I would like for it to show the Client information report page tool tip. 

Sjensen9382_0-1609957797031.png

I have the Tool tip set to report page and to auto, but it will only keep showing the first avaialble tool tip report page in the list and will not recognize the column you are over to provide the required information. 

Sjensen9382_2-1609957684934.png

Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide to help explain. 

Thank you for your time!