Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

August 2020 version of PBI Desktop corrupts any PBIX report file that is saved

The August 2020 version of PBI Desktop 2.84.461.0 64-bit (August 2020), corrupts any PBIX that is saved using this version.  Once a PBIX is saved, it cannot be opened by this version or any previous version of the PBI Desktop.  It says the PBIX is corrupt.  Even when I had published to the Service using the August version, where the report is working fine; if I then download the report on the Service to a PBIX, that PBIX will not be able to be opened by any version of the PBI Desktop always indicating the report is corrupt.

I had to re-install the July version of the PBI Desktop to avoid this issue.

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@russfai 

The latest version (2.84.661.0works fine for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue and have tried about everything: cleared cache, restarted, reinstalled (x64), nothing works.
It does seem Microsoft is on it: http://disq.us/p/2b5ms2i 

gjross78
Frequent Visitor

I have 2.84.661.0 and now cannot load model when connecting to Common Data Service. Unable to open any PBIx or Embedded report. Very frustrating as this impacts my customers!

jneil
Regular Visitor

Same issue here. This puts a huge hold on development.

jneil
Regular Visitor

jneil_0-1597319127073.png

Hopefully this will be fixed by EOD Thursday.

KEITHO
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here. I can publish to the server with the updates, but when i reopen the saved report, I get the same error. Thankfully I had a backup just in case

gjross78
Frequent Visitor

Something has changed with the Power BI service too. I have just reinstalled 2.82.5858.1161 (June) desktop, created a new report and uploaded to PBI. Still cannot load data model (Direct Query connection to CDS).

harold
Regular Visitor

Same here, nothing works after saving with August Version

ansa_naz
Continued Contributor

I have this issue too

ansa_naz
Continued Contributor

Can anyone share a link to download Jul/Jun versions? I cant seem to find it online from any reputable sources. Urgently need to make some changes to files