Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Attach a Common Data Model - External CDM folder can't resolve inherited entity

Hi All,

I've created DataFlow using External CDM folder in data lake. I'm trying to retrieve entity data by providing appropriate manifest and entity json files. I would like to use entity inheritance feature like this:

model.png

This works in EntityViewer (GitHub) - appropriate entity and its properties are visible but not in Power BI desktop.

Here is base entity config:

model2.png

Can someone help me to resolve this issue? ExtendsEntity feature is very important in using.

And also can't find planned dates to release that feature, can it be shared please?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @the_olka 

You mentioned that appropriate entity and its properties are visible but not in Power BI desktop , can you explain it in detail ?  

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @the_olka 

You mentioned that appropriate entity and its properties are visible but not in Power BI desktop , can you explain it in detail ?  

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

the_olka

Hi @v-yetao1-msft , 

thanks for your response.

In Entity Viewer I can see my Entity strcture and properties which I assume means that configuration is OK(its the same configs as in screenshots above):

the_olka_0-1662452201496.png

However Power BI shows empty screen once I moved the same files/configs to Data Lake:

the_olka_1-1662452253588.png

When Location.cdm.json explicitly has properties without inheritance (without ExtendsEntity) then Power BI shows Location entry and its data in this screen.

Could you please help me with that?